Thursday 22 March 2012

Daddy's duo - A Guest Post by the Sweetpea...

There is a story that the Sweetpea often tells the boys, that I thought would be lovely for him to put down in writing here.  After all, this blog is about making a record for our little ones, something they can read when they grow up and start asking questions and wondering about themselves and where they come from.  There is something about this story that manages to cover all of those bases at once.  So I will let him tell it in his own words, even though he is sure to be mad at me for making him do this!

"On the day you were born [says the Sweetpea to his wide-eyed sons], your mom was a bit tired, and so when she wanted to go to have a shower, she handed you both to me.  I was sitting in the chair by the bed, and you both lay on my chest.  And we all slept there like that. 


And to this day, I can still feel you lying on my chest - just as though you were still there.  It is like the weight of your two little bodies pressed into my chest and I will never feel the same again.  And later, when Little Miss Snoopy came along, it was the same - she took up the middle space - that little gap that was left between you two.  And so my arms were full.  And they have been ever since."


“My dad didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it.”
-Clarence Budington Kelland










Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment